Friday, April 9, 2010

My Cool Boys!

A few days ago Zachery was given a 3-wheeler. He is in the process of trying to build a go-cart that James was actually helping him with, he built the frame for him. Now that James is gone Zach is trying to finish the project. The hope in getting the 3-wheeler was to be able to use some of it's parts on it to complete the go-cart. HOWEVER, what's more fun than seeing if you can get the 3-wheeler running before you take it apart! It wasn't looking good...I mean, look at the beauty! There was a lot of standing around and watching...But guess what???? He got it running!!!! Daddy came to his rescue at the end and helped him get it going, but he and Logan worked on it for a long time (Logan even discovered a faulty spark plug) and Zach had been close to getting it.


Quite a feeling of satisfaction struck those boys when the smoke finally came pouring out of the exhaust and we suddenly couldn't hear ourselves talking anymore=) Sweet Victory!!! Then came the riding!! Of course, Zachery got the honors of waking up Buffalo Gap as he took laps around the dirt roads! Once the riding started then it was time to pace....patiently, awaiting a turn.

Or covering your ears when it came near!
Daddy took a turn too.... Then, once the seat was put back on, Zachery wanted nothing more than to take Logan for a spin! Two very excited boys, let me tell you! And can I say one proud mom!!! Good Job, Zach=)
While the boys were hard at work in the grease and grime outside the girls had nothing but sweetness up their sleeves=) Monica was in a baking mood and took to the kitchen right after lunch - several hours later she and Alana had made a chocolate cake....
And about 9 dozen cookies!!!
So both the boys and the girls accomplished a lot yesterday.....and what did I do? Had a swell time taking it easy with my feet up and eating lots of freshly baked cookies!! Ok, so I'm exaggerating...a little=)

2 comments:

Helaine DeMarte said...

Good Job Boys!!!!!!!!!! :) You're so cool!

Charity said...

I LOVE threewheelers. My family owns four and they are terrific and SO fun to ride. Have fun!
And no, you don't know me and I don't know you. But I do know Lizzie Brown...(-: