Friday, April 24, 2009

BIG DAY!!!

Well, the trailer is loaded and we are about to head out the driveway....Maine here we come, but not until after we've been through Minnesota, Iowa, spend the night in Illinois, Indiana, spend two nights in Ohio, Pennsylvania, New York, spend a night in New Jersey, Connecticut, Massachusetts, and New Hampshire....I think I got that right. But anyway, we're almost on our way=) Today is our longest day with an anticipated 12 to 13 hours of driving, except anticipated makes it sound like were looking forward to it...strike that, change it to expected 12 to 13 hours...that's better.

But the main reason this is a big day is because as of noon (Pacific Coast time) my brother, Kendrick, will have graduated from the Marine Corps boot camp in San Diego, California. We are SOOO PROUD of him and so grateful to the Lord for getting him through this rigorous time, and using him as a light in the midst of it all. Yesterday the highlight of my day was to get to spend about 7 minutes on the phone with him as he had 5 hours of on-base privileges when my parents, my sister, and Jenna were there with him. Of course he stood still while he was talking since all Marines know that it is rude to walk around talking on the phone....?!

Anyway, we are excited for this day to have finally arrived and I hope to be able to keep you updated as to our travels but we'll see how that goes. I may not always have Internet access, or I may just be having to much stinking fun to sit down and blog about it=)

0 comments: