Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Goodbye to my friend

Well, today is a sad day in the Chamberland house. George is gone. My puppy that I've had for 8 years, almost my whole married life, was put down this morning. He had been deteriorating a lot over the past several months (as I've posted before) and, although we knew the day was coming, we were dreading it just the same.George definitely had his issues, I've never - and I mean NEVER - seen or heard of another dog that was as good an escape artist as George. He got out of more cages, off of more chains, through more doors, than any one dog should be able to. He sacrificed teeth and bit through electrical wires...all to get out of where ever we had enclosed him. All that work just so he could go sit on the porch and wait for us to get home, desperate to be with us.But, just the same, he was ours from when he was an adorable little puppy and we loved him. He was a year older than Logan and has put up with babies, not his favorite thing; with cats, not his favorite until he realized it was a new source of entertainment; and with another dog, who he tolerated as long as she kept her place. Here he is about 2 1/2 years ago with Logan and Alana. He was always there to keep me company when Matthew was gone, he scared the JW's when they came to the door, he was even more protective of me when I was expecting, and he just had a way of understanding when something was wrong. I miss my Georgie. So, if any of you are rolling your eyes, then you don't understand - but if some of you out there are nodding your head in sympathy then maybe you've been where I am today....a sad little girl who misses her puppy=( Shoot, now I'm crying again!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

OH, I am so sorry about your sweet puppy.

I am writing in response to your comment! Lolipop is by the artist MIKA. You can click on the spinning disc in the lower left of my photography page and get the song info on each song on there.

Enjoy!

Michelle said...

Well you got me crying, I knew I would be when I read your title. I am sorry, I kept telling Sammie he has to be with me until he is 12. A very hard thing to do.