Thursday, July 9, 2009

Happy Anniversary

My parents are celebrating 10 years of marriage today....I know that doesn't exactly add up if you count how old I am, but there's quite a story to be told when explaining how the math works on that one=) Since I've told it before, let's just say that I'm so glad for the parents God gave me and their testimony to me in so many areas. But, today, I'm specifically thankful for their faithfulness to their previous spouses, who are now with the Lord, and their faithfulness to each other.
As I've already written God took home each of their spouses, a man and a woman who had given their life to Him on the mission field. Uncle Dave and Aunt Lenore had just celebrated 25 years of marriage, and my parents only 9. It was after that when God brought them together and they are continuing to serve and honor Him, with their ministry, with their lives, and with their marriage.

So.... ten years ago today Helaine and I put on our matching dresses while Lincoln, Chad and Kendrick put on their suits and blue ties. We marched into church, the only members of the wedding party except for the bride and groom. Then in came my mom, dressed in a long, blue dress holding a small, white Bible. She stood beside my Uncle Dave and our family of 3 became 7 in that moment=) What a happy day that was as we witnessed God turning sorrow into joy!
Hope you have a wonderful day! Thanks for your love for us, for you love for each other, and for passing on the legacy to all five of us....Happy Anniversary, Mom and Dad!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks Alisha.

Helaine DeMarte said...

GREAT pictures!