Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Short Update

Well, our family is slowly trickling away and the time where all of us were able to be together is coming to an end. Even as I write this Kendrick is back in San Diego for a month of MCT (Marine Combat Training) and Helaine is probably pulling into the campus at Northland where she will be counting the days until her wedding - exactly 4 months from today=) We have another couple days with my parents and Chad then they head to Canada on Thursday. We'll say goodbye to Lincoln and his crew the day after that and head further north for our time with Matthew's side of the family.

It has been a wonderful time together, it is so refreshing to spend time together with a family that loves the Lord and desires to honor Him. It made me so sad when I'd mention to people that we were headed to a family reunion and they'd react with wrinkled foreheads, upturned noses, and a loud groan....that is NOT the way we feel about our family at all. It's been a joy, although short lived, to be all together again.

The only available Internet has been the library and since we didn't exactly spend much time sitting around here I've not really done much blogging. However, next week I should be able to catch up as we'll be at Matthew's parents home with access to the Internet. So, I'm sorry for those who've been faithfully checking and finding nothing...but I warned you - I'm still having too much fun=)

1 comments:

7harts01 said...

Glad to hear you are having fun! I'm with you! I love family reunions! Drive safe over the next few days! Praying for you!