Monday, June 29, 2009

Quotable Quotes

Last Sunday while in Murdo the Sunday school teacher was a wise, godly man. He is also Senator John Thune's father. These are some things he said that caught my attention.

~"Keep you eyes on the Lord and your nose in The Book!" (not his original quote)

~"If a man falls, he's not a failure unless he says somebody pushed him."

~"You may be disappointed if you fail, but you're doomed if you don't try."

James Montgomery, our neighbor who we've been praying for, wrote this 3 weeks ago today. Little did we know at the time how close he was going to come to this being a reality!

~"The pinnacle of my existence will be the day I prostrate myself before the Lord and He tells me I was right to believe in Him."

And to finish with Scripture, I love this promise as I see it come true on a daily basis.

~Proverbs 29:17 "Correct thy son, and he shall give thee rest; yea, he shall give delight unto they soul."

0 comments: