Saturday, February 21, 2009

Freezing Fun at the Park

This morning the kids and I headed into town on a multi-purpose mission. I had to pick up one item at the grocery store, Matthew needed to have some quiet time to study and finish preparations for teaching tomorrow mornings Sunday school class, and the kids needed to get outside (I needed that last one also=). It was a lot colder than we expected and very bright but the kids were troopers and had a good time anyway.

Crazy kids - they ran around on the newly poured cement skate board area....
Dug in the sand....
Climbed on the play area....Played tag without touching the ground....
Warmed their ears...
Enjoyed the swings.... and went down the slides.
Meanwhile Daddy had two hours of peace and quiet (interrupted only by a certain dog that was then chained up outside); I was able to pick up some powdered milk so that I could make up some homemade Chai tea from which I've been deprived since October (thanks again Tarin for that recipe); and the kids were able to spend some time both at the library and at the park for a refreshing break after a week of school. So, therefore....

Missions accomplished!

2 comments:

Helaine DeMarte said...

I am glad that you took your camera on your mission! The kids seem used to getting their pictures taken- which is a GREAT thing! I love seeing them all, and I get on here if my days is going slow, or getting l-o-n-g and it always brightens my day! :) THANKS!
(Yeah- I know this is written early... I wanted to start out on a good note ;) !)

7harts01 said...

You guys must have froze! But, it looks like everyone had fun! Good pictures too! Nothing better than a cup of hot chai after playin' in the cold!