Thursday, December 3, 2009

Of Utmost Importance to me....

"It is not merely by speaking to children about spiritual things that you win them over.

If that be all you do, it will accomplish nothing less than nothing.

It is the sentiments which they hear at home

It is the maxims which rule your daily conduct,

the likings and dislikings which you express -

the whole regulation of the household, in dress,

and food, and furniture - the recreations you indulge

the company you keep - the style of your reading,
the whole complexion of daily life

this creates the element in which your children are either growing in grace and preparing for an eternity of glory,

or they are learning to live without God, and to die without hope."
Rev. W. B. Mackenzie


Dear Lord, I fail in so many things, let me be succesful in this I beg of you. Let me be able to say that "I have no greater joy than to know that my children walk in truth". Draw them to you despite my failings. May they, and we as their parents, please you with our lives.

2 comments:

Helaine DeMarte said...

**LIKE** This was a joy to read Alisha and a challenge to me.

Anonymous said...

What a challenge!