Monday, December 7, 2009

A puzzling moment....

Today, as my young children played quietly in the background and the older ones worked diligently on their school work, I had a moment of domestic bliss. I was happily engaged in some of my household duties, enjoying the peace of the moment, content with my role in life as a homemaker.

As I was working away, Jesse walked into the room and began to tell me a story. He wanted to show me the manger scene that he was coloring. But as he was talking his eyes began to focus on what I was doing....at his tender age of 3 years he had no memories of seeing me ever do this before. He continued with his story but eventually he reached a point of distraction and could no longer hold back the question burning in his mind, interrupting himself he asked me,

"Mommy, what are you doing?"

"Ironing, son," I answered.

The air became heavy with the silent pause that followed....

"What is that?!"

1 comments:

sheenarozelle said...

ha ha, brilliant! not much ironing goes on here, either, except before an important meeting or something. Vive la revolution!