Thursday, November 20, 2008

SWEET SIXTEEN!!!

If any of you are looking at this post and shaking your head in disbelief at the fact that our eldest is turning 16 then join the club! It is hard to believe! In another short year and half she will be headed to college...that will be even harder to believe! But it's true, our little sweetheart is on her way to adulthood and making us proud as she does. She has not allowed her teen years to become ones that are often typical of that age group...most of the time anyway=) Being here in Chile we aren't able to do quite as big of a deal as we would at home but we do have some plans and I'll post more details and pictures later. As for now we just say this...

"Happy Birthday, Monica Lou! Once again we want to tell you that we love you sooo much and are so glad that God placed you in our family. You are a young lady with a heart for the Lord and a servants attitude in our home. Keep turning to Him, follow His leading, and walk closer with Him each year that goes by."




Love you, Sally! Hope this day is a special one!

8 comments:

David and Kristi Flinck said...

Happy Sweet Sixteen Monica!! I'm one of the ones that can't believe she's sixteen already?! I'm sure this will be a special birthday for her... I mean, how many sixteen year old's get to go to another country for their birthday? Besides, she's in one of the most beautiful places on earth! What more could you ask for?... :) We love you Monica!

Matthew Lim said...

Happy Birthday Monica. You are a blessing to Kellie and me... and we love you.

Pastor Matt

Anonymous said...

Sweetheart...even though you have blessed us all for the past 16 years, you have so much life ahead of you to live.

It was wonderful talking with you today; I wish only the best gifts from GOD for you every day that you awake.

Happy 16th Birthday Moniluv; I love and miss you greatly!

Mom in Maine

Helaine DeMarte said...

Monicaca! I came on to wish you a happy birthday! and I am pleased to see a post with a super cute picture!! :) Happy Birthday and enjoy being 16!!!! :) I love you girl!! :)

Jenny said...

Happy Birthday Monica!! I hope you are haveing a wonderful time there! I miss you lots and I can not wait to see you! Love you!

Anonymous said...

happy smurfday beeyonica peace it kicktime.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Monica i miss you and will be very glad to have you back here helping out with the youth group. CYA Soon

Hannah said...

Happy Birthday Monica! Sorry this is so late.
I miss you!