Friday, November 14, 2008

THANK YOU!

As we approach the one month mark of being here in Chile I've been thinking a lot about those who have helped make it happen. Our family prayed for quite a while to be able to come down here, all of us together. To be honest, sometimes I prayed about it with very little faith that it would actually happen. However, we weren't the only ones praying and it is to those people that I wish to say a big THANK YOU! Along with prayer we also needed a huge chunk of finances, taking a family of seven on a 6-week trip overseas is not for the faint of heart, or for those with a limited budget. But in that aspect as well, God was faithful. Those that I mention may not care for the recognition but I have no problem sharing publicly about the people who have given and prayed for our family in this endeavor.

First of all are our parents, both my parents and Matthew's gave to us financially - they understood better than anyone else what it meant to our family to go back to Chile all together, and while we are down here I have no doubt that we are in their prayers daily. Speaking about praying, we are also very thankful to our church family - people like Peter Johnson, who let us know before we came down that he had committed to praying for us each day of our trip. Or my best friend, Kristi, who has a list of personal prayer requests of mine that she is specifically praying for since she has an insight into me that very few have. Then there are people like the Browns, who gave a gift so generous we are humbled at their trust in what we are doing with Nehemiah Teams International. The list does not end there....we are so thakful to be surrounded by many godly friends and family!

Of course now that we are looking back over the past 4 weeks it means we only have 2 more left to look forward to....=( Growing up I'd often get the question "Where are you from?" It was really hard for me to answer! My dad was from Maine and that's where I was born, my Mom was Canadian and we spent most of our furloughs there, I did most of my growing up here in Chile....?! But each time I come back here there is a feeling of coming home stronger than anywhere else I've ever been, so I'm not looking forward to leaving. The consolation is that shortly after we get back it will be Christmas and then my parents will be coming for a visit. As glad as I am to be here however, there are a few things that are 'off', my Mom & brother are missing, and Kristi Lynn is missing. While there is no one more excited for us, it's still killing them that we are without them! So, to them specifically, I say this.

"I miss you tons and tons and not a day goes by that I don't wish we were all here together...just like in the good old days! But, Mom, I'll see you soon and Kris, your turn is coming - now I'm the one that is jealous because you just got to buy a one-way ticket!
The Flincks, close the the beginning of their deputation ministry. But as of January 12th, 2009, they will head to Chile for their first term!
The last picture of the three of us together, January 2006.
Keep us in your prayers, we desire to be faithful to the end!

0 comments: