Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Berg Visit #37

OK, so I actually have no idea how many times Jared and Sarah Berg have visited our house, but it's got to be a number that is only matched by the amount of times we've been up to their house. We love each moment of every time we are able to spend with them as our two families seem to 'click' in such a fun way. Pastor Berg is teaching at CBI this year (!) and has to come down from WY to SD each Monday so our families are apt to see each other often throughout this fall semester. One of the only times I took pictures these past few days of their visit was our trip to the park, so here are some cute kids enjoying themselves.

Our little Buffalo Gap park is probably older than I am! The playground is beside a building that used to be the one room schoolhouse who knows how long ago. The sidewalk in front of it has the date of 1947 stamped in several of the squares=0

*Maternal Disclaimer: Please be advised that Alana dressed herself.
Some rascals....

And some cuties...!


And now for a couple extra of Alana who was looking particularly cute that day in her spots and stripes=)
Here's one with what is called the "fish bowl" effect=)
During their stay, yesterday to be exact, Jared celebrated his 30th birthday. Sweet little Akayla hand picked her Daddy's present and gave him a big hug after he opened it (two packs of gum=)
Another thing that was celebrated yesterday was Matthew's and my 9th anniversary. Please don't think ill of me for not having written something sweet for my husband on the blog, as I have in the past. Just chalk it up to a day full of potty training accidents, long chats with my friend, trips to town to get cards (see, I did remember to do that), mediating in multiple small people arguments, and preparing for a night on the town! Yes, we did indeed leave 9 children home alone with Monica and Zach in charge of the seven under 7. The guys worked most of the day and came home in time for us to go on a double date=) It was a very RARE treat! I thought I'd include a couple pictures of what went into the preparations for us women:compared to the guys:Need I say more=) We had a blast and the kids survived as best as could be expected!
Now for a couple random things to conclude this post. Logan just found 2 black widow spiders in two completely separate locations (this makes about 6 we've found since moving here) and, to close with, one of my favorite pictures from this past week. Two little buddies, Zach and Jesse~

2 comments:

Helaine DeMarte said...

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:) Cute CUTE pic of Zach and Jesse!!! :)

Anonymous said...

I love the maternal disclaimer...I have many of those days!! You have a beautiful family, Alisha, in every way! ~melissa~