Tuesday, August 18, 2009

I know, I know....

Yes, it has been several weeks since I wrote on here. I could list my excuses about how busy I've been and what a crazy summer we've had but the main reason is this - I was a bit uninspired plus we were having some computer issues - it was taking so long for me to prepare and write a post that I just lost interest.

However, I am back and will post several things in the near future. I may try to play catch up a bit since the main reason of this blog is for me to have a journal of the life of our family, but I think I'll start with the most recent activities and then update on some other events as I have the time and desire=)

This week is totally homeschool mode for me - I have finished ordering and preparing and all the details that can be done ahead of time as we plan to start next Monday. Most of my work seems to take place now, over the summer, as I prepare and have everything ready to start on time. The kids have mixed feelings. Thankfully we enjoy our summers very much, but, by the time they are coming to an end, we are all ready to get back to more of a routine. I'm going to ease Alana into kindergarten, Logan will be starting 3rd grade (!), Zach will begin his first year of highschool (!!!), and Monica will be taking her last year (!!!!!!!). She is also taking a one semester class at Cornerstone Bible Insititute in Writing Research. I know we haven't been strong in that so this should help prepare her for college NEXT YEAR! By this time, 12 months from now, we'll be packing up and heading to Northland Baptist Bible College=)

Of course I'm also in wedding mode right now as my sister is getting married September 5th to Phil DeMarte and we are excited as the time winds down to the BIG DAY! So....all this rambling to say that I'm going to make an effort over the next couple of weeks to get some posts done and catch up everyone on our great, exciting lives=) Mostly I need to do it in a hurry before my sieve-like memory forgets!

0 comments: