Friday, August 28, 2009

One week down....

Only 31 weeks left to go in our home school year=) This week was the first one and it went relatively well. There are the usual hiccups, of course, that come mostly due to the lack of schooling or scheduling over the last 3 months. There's also a lot of review and few assignments so the first week is often one of the more pleasant ones....the harder work is still around the corner. But for Alana in kindergarten, Logan in 3rd grade, Zachery in 9th grade, and Monica finishing 11th grade we are back in the saddle again. Now that weekends have once again become more anticipated and highly treasured we are beginning to schedule and prioritize our precious days off.

Our weekend will start with a home school picnic this evening, then there is a girls trip to Rapid City tomorrow am, our young couples class later that same day, and church on Sunday where each of the three youngest children will attend, for the last week, their current Sunday School classes. So many changes come each and every day in a full house like ours, kids grow up faster than I can keep track of their shoe sizes! But it seems to hit me more in the fall when new school years begin and I take into account the weeks ahead with a mixture of trepidation, excitement, and a little bit of sorrow as I realize the years of my children's lives that have gone by. Baby days are done in our household - I will probably only have to buy one or two more packages of diapers....EVER!!!

So what is this post about? Basically it's me rambling again - venting to any and all that will listen to the scrambled thoughts running through this mother's head as she once again faces each and every morning FULL of pencils, workbooks, quizzes, crayons, endless questions, rulers, glue, and her 5 wonderful (and also home schooled) children. I'm just sharing my week and counting my blessings!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad I'm not the only nostalgic one when it comes to thinking about how fast my kids are growing up...wouldn't want it any other way, but, wow, does time fly! I was hoping I could chalk it up to post-partum hormones... :) ~melissa~