Thursday, August 20, 2009

Trip to Holyoke #1

Several weeks back I was able to head down to Holyoke, CO where my brother Chad is now living. He loaded up a borrowed van and I loaded up our Expedition and away we went with all his stuff. It's just over 4 hours away so I stayed with him for two days and then came back home. Even though my time there was short we were able to get a lot done to get Chad settled in. He is now the official Assistant Pastor at Faith Baptist Church working alongside Senior Pastor Gordon Penfold. It's been a very exciting process and one that has evidenced God's provision and guidance for my little brother, Chad=)

Here is the house he is currently renting that is tucked in among several Spanish speaking neighbors who seem a bit surprised at the fluency of their young, blond neighbor. The church also is involved in a Spanish ministry so, already, Chad has had the opportunity to preach several times in Spanish! It's a smaller house but very functional for Chad with enough bedrooms for future visitors=)
Thanks to a generous gift from one of the church members Chad and I were able to go and purchase several pieces of furniture to help make his house a home (loveseat, coffee table, lamp, dining room table and chairs, night stands).
But the favorite moment of my trip, for both of us, was when Chad pulled out our dad's fly fishing rod and put it in a place of prominence on the wall of his living room. It's a connection we both treasure!
Hard to believe that 27 years ago I cried at the news "It's a boy!" Thankfully, I got over that relatively quickly and now I'm so glad to see him settling into a life in the ministry and being used by the Lord.

1 comments:

Stephanie said...

It is so cool that the two of you could get Chad set up together. I'm excited about how God has led him to a new place of ministry!