Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Countdowns....

I'm not a big fan of counting down to things....however, my children are. In reality, probably most children are, not just mine. (I once banned my 16 year old from counting down to her birthday until it was less than 30 days away =) So right now we are counting down to several things. The first one is spring break since it means the kids will have a long weekend and a break from school. The second one is Logan's birthday. On April 18th my baby will turn 7 years old! He's counting down but he's keeping it to himself most of the time=) The next thing is Kendrick's graduation from MCRD which will take place on April 24th - none of our crew will be there for that but we are still excited about that day for him. My parents, Helaine, and Jenna will go to San Diego for the ceremony while our family will climb into the Expedition and begin the 2,400 mile trip back to Maine. That brings me to the next item....On April 28th (Lord willing) we will arrive in Maine to visit our families after having been gone for almost SIX years. That will set into motion several weeks of events that we are REALLY excited about - family reunions are at the top of the list! Then there are the other events like potential trips to the coast, eating lobster, going fishing, hanging out with my cousins, etc.
So, like it or not, we are counting down to lots of things....personally the time seems to crawl by more slowly if I have to acknowledge every day as one more number to cross off, instead of letting it creep by unnoticed=) I try to remain blissfully unaware of how much longer I have to wait for these events and then suddenly look at the calendar and say, "WOW, we leave next week! Time is just flying by!" But then people say things like "42 days left until we're all in Maine" and my perfect plan goes out the window....Thanks, Sheena=) Oh well, it's a silly mind game that rarely works anyway....

2 comments:

Michelle said...

We all can't wait to see you all!!! I know all about the countdown to vacation, I am one that says it is to far away to worry and then thinking we leave Monday maybe I should start packing!!!

L said...

41 days!