Wednesday, March 18, 2009

My Theory

I'm seriously beginning to wonder about something - let me explain. I have a theory that somewhere in this house the children have secretly installed some sort of warning device. My guess is that it is some kind of silent alarm, like a flashing light or something like that. It is set to go off when I head to the bathroom. Now, outside of the obvious reasons for going to the 'necessary', as a mother of young children I confess I'm often looking for just a short moment of uninterrupted quiet...a little minute alone...a small frame of time to myself. But you see, this does not happen - HARDLY EVER! And that is how I've come to this conclusion...when the bathroom door closes an alarm goes off throughout the house and the kids decide amongst themselves what the next step will be - they have options, they are creative! It might be someone starting a fight and arguing with increasing intensity, or perhaps it is time to fall down and get hurt and cry, then there's the straight forward knock on the door followed by the incessant chanting of "Mommy... Mommy... Mommy..." It never fails. Does anyone out there have any opinions on my theory - or am I alone in my insanity?

PS - I love my children...but I honestly think they are up to something=)

3 comments:

Helaine DeMarte said...

I saw something to this effect when I was out there. It was odd too, because they all knew, without even really giving it away, but somehow, in you went, and Logan was instantly at the door. It was like it was his turn. They all knew.... I'm going to have to agree with you... ;)

Anonymous said...

I have the same theory about trying to wake up early in the morning before my children get up so I can have a LITTLE time to myself...doesn't matter how early...they KNOW and they will wake up!!!!
~melissaledbetter~

7harts01 said...

I agree wholeheartedly with all! No matter what...bathroom time to yourself, waking up early...it's rather scary how they just know (and slightly annoying)! The only way I have somewhat escaped this constant, is closing my bedroom door, then the closet door then the bathroom door, and sometimes locking at least two of them!