Sunday, January 25, 2009

Brothers

I grew up with one brother, Chad, but just after I graduated from college God saw fit to add two more to my life - how lucky can one girl be=) Today is a big day for both of them! Lincoln, who lives far away in Scotland - celebrates his birthday today.....Having missed all his birthdays thus far, I hope to one day be around to help celebrate. But since that is not likely to happen any time in the near future I'll just have to settle for a birthday wish across the pond!

"Happy Birthday, Lincoln, from the seven of us - Kendrick said to say Happy Birthday as well since he won't be able to call"

Speaking of Kendrick.....Today he shipped out to boot camp. Tomorrow evening he we arrive at the Marine Corps training grounds in San Diego, CA to begin his 3 month 'initiation' into the Corps. As I dropped him off at the recruiting center in Rapid City he emptied his pockets, gave me his cell phone, took off his watch and walked away with just the clothes he was wearing, his wallet, and his Bible. Stripped of all things personal these are the only things that will remain with him for the next 12 weeks! We, as a family, have been fortunate to have him around for the last 3 1/2 years....living close by and being around for every thing from Sunday dinners, to birthday parties, to babysitting. He is going to be sooooo missed! So, Kendrick, on this day we say to you, "We love you, we are proud of you, and we will pray for you!"

I will post his address as soon as he writes....it may be a while=)

0 comments: