Saturday, January 17, 2009

A Night on the Town

We have had a good week! As a quick re-cap my parents flew in on Monday and we celebrated Kendrick's birthday that day as well. Along with his birthday we also celebrated a few others that had been missed in the coming and going of our Chile trip so we had a fun, present filled evening.

The next day was Mr. Charles funeral, both Matthew and Uncle Dave had a part. Matthew was one of the pallbearers and Uncle Dave had the closing words and prayer. What an honor to know Joe Charles and be a part of his life these last 5 1/2 years....His funeral and his life served as a testimony of the God he served.


After that we continued our family time and had our 'Christmas' with my parents. The kids had fun opening another batch of gifts, of course, and we enjoyed spending the evening all together. Lincoln, Sheena, Layla, Elijah, and Helaine were missed....

Wednesday we took a trip to the library and then had AWANA/prayer meeting in the evening while Thursday we spent mostly at home catching up on chores while my parents spent the morning in town. And then came the weekend!!!!!

One of Matthew's and my Christmas presents to our family was to get tickets to a hockey game in Rapid City - there is a new team in it's first season and we all got to go - and I remembered the camera;)
When we got there and went to get the tickets I had purchased ahead of time over the phone there was an immediate problem....the dates were for last Friday's game! We were sent to the 'ticket office' and the lady didn't even let us finish the sentence before she said, "You didn't pay for these tickets, there's no price listed on them, there's nothing I can do". I assured her I had payed and then our case got handed off to the all-important supervisor. Meanwhile I was standing there thinking "WHAT!!! Ok, Lord, there can be no good reason for this. Why is this happening when there are 12 people here with us who drove up here so we could enjoy this time together...." After several minutes the guy who I had spoken with came over to the window and said "That was my mistake, I apologize. I've upgraded you." Alright, now I see the reason for this! FYI - My Mom is from Canada, thus a hockey fan....all 6 starting players, including the goalie, for the Rapid team were Canadian....=)
I know that God can do big things and heal cancer and supply financially and all those things....but when He does the little things it surprises me the most. Not only were our seats upgraded - the winning team scored 6 goals which means - the Watiki in town gives anyone with a ticket stub a free pass to their water park any day next week. How neat is that!
Watiki, here we come!

2 comments:

Helaine DeMarte said...

THAT'S SWEET- Love you! :)

7harts01 said...

I love this pic of you and Alana! It looks like you all had a blast!