Monday, January 12, 2009

Kristi Lynn

In September of 1981 my parents took me over to some new people's house. I was told that they had a little girl just about my age that I could play with, I was so excited! However, when we got there I met her two brothers first because she had gone upstairs to hide - she was a bit shy of new people.....That awkward introduction took place in the home of missionaries Terry and Carol Thompson in Dalcahue, Chile shortly after my parents had arrived for their first term. It wasn't long after that when we declared ourselves best friends - fast forward over 28 years and we still are! I thank the Lord for Kristi Lynn! Through the up and downs and back and forths of life she was a constant, a gift that He gave me to help me through so many things I won't even try to list them.

High school days....At this very moment she is getting ready to step onto a plane with her husband and her 3 children and head to Chile for their first term as missionaries! It has been a busy day today - my parents flew in to spend a few days with us, it is Kendricks birthday, we just finished a multi birthday celebration with all those that were missed when we were in Chile.....But in the middle of it all my mind is never far from my friend. I've been flooded with memories of so many special times that we have shared over the course of our lives. I just can't explain this kind of friend - and the only ones who come close to understanding are our parents, although our husbands are getting better as the years go by=)
College days....So, my friend....over our history there is really nothing new to say that hasn't been said, but I'll say it again anyway! I love you and I am praying for you and I am jealous you get to go and I am proud of you for going and I am already missing you and I am laughing and crying and I am planning our next trip to Chile so I can see you again!
And now-a-days....

Chao friend!

3 comments:

Helaine DeMarte said...

I love you!
Just wanted to let you know I updated my blog- you and sheena are a rebuke. So I did
hopefully it keeps going.... ;) Love you!

Stephanie said...

True friends indeed. :)

Anonymous said...

gorgeous pics!...good memories,
ang