Wednesday, January 21, 2009

A Dumb Day

OK, so this whole getting to the Watiki has been quite an undertaking. I'm not a good one at making decisions and choices when it comes to organizing events for several people - I feel like I'm deciding for them and I just don't like doing that. But anyway, we finally picked a time to go that was convenient for most of us and that was this morning. My parents flight was scheduled to leave at 4pm so we just decided to make one trip and kill 2 birds with one stone - or at least one tank of gas. So on Monday, being the skeptic that I am, I called the water park to confirm this whole ordeal. I was told that yes, we could get in free and the times were 8am to 9pm (although at the game they said 10am to 4pm). So, we packed up all our swimming stuff, as well as all the luggage, and away we went. Right at 10:30 we made our grand entrance, pleased to see only a small number of cars in the parking lot....

And things went down hill from there! The park was closed! The man at the desk informed us it didn't open until 4pm!!!!!!! You've got to be kidding me!!!!!! Well, there was nothing we could do except pack up 5 disappointed children, one quite annoyed and dis-believing mother, and two sympathetic grandparents. We hung out at the mall for a while, ate lunch together, dropped my parents off at the airport, and came home. Tomorrow is the last day of the promotion - we'll keep you posted on whether or not we make another attempt!

But back to my parents - it was sooo good to have them here again. It is just so fun to hang out with my mom and spend time with her just around the house, cooking, talking, whatever we may do - it's just fun to do it together. And Uncle Dave, my dad, is so encouraging to both Matthew and I and his advice is always welcomed. The kids love spending time with Grammy and Grampy! So, despite the annoying Watiki incident, we have had such an enjoyable last few days=)

1 comments:

sheenarozelle said...

UUUUggggggggghhhhh. You have my water park sympathies.