Wednesday, January 27, 2010

My Matthew

So today is day #3 of Matthew being gone....=( He is up in Oshoto, WY for the week staying with Jared and Sarah Berg, our friends. There is a man in their church who needed some work done so he offered Matthew the job and he will be up there working for the rest of the week. I debated going up with him as we are always welcome ( and always have a blast ) at their house, but it really would have made for a complicated schedule both for Matthew as well as the kids and I. So here we sit....biding our time until Daddy comes home. The days seem to go by so much more slowly for me when I don't have his coming home in the evening to look forward to. The kids and I manage, things still run the same, we are all just fine....I just miss him. Of course, then when I think about missing him it sort of makes me glad in a weird way. There are those who do not miss their husbands but rather look forward to them being gone, and there are those serving our country whose husbands get shipped out and are gone for 8 months - making our time away from each other quite inconsequential. So, I am glad I miss him and can know that he will be back soon and we will be most happy to be back together=) Of course there's the possibility of him staying a second week....but let's cross that bridge IF we get there! So, because he's gone and because I have a picture file full of pictures of him, I'm going to post some=) Last week for his birthday I put together a slide show that contained some of these pics so now those of you who couldn't come can still enjoy a peek!
Love you, honey! Thanks for all you do to provide for and take care of our family! See you soon=) XOXO

1 comments:

9Browns said...

Hi Alisha
Enjoyed your posts the last month or so. It was so exciting to see if Jenna would make it home!

Aren't we so blessed to have such good men?? Better than we deserve!

Will be thinking of you while your honey is away. Rick just found out he is going out of town for a few days in a couple of weeks.

Joan