Saturday, April 12, 2008

Deep thoughts from my 5-year old

Logan was sitting at the table doing his school work yesterday morning and he made a mistake. I told him, "Just grab your erasor and fix it" - to which he replied,"If only we had a mind erasor." !!! See, he'd been distracted and thinking about something else so he wished he could erase it and then be able to fully concentrate on his school work. WOW! I took the chance to talk with him about being careful what we fill our minds with - things that are pure and lovely and true, as opposed to things that are the opposite of that. But it was such a rebuke to me, it really gave me something to stop and think about...what am I filling my mind with? is it something I'm going to wish I could erase?

Philippians 4:8 Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honorable, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.

3 comments:

Melissa said...

Wow... that was inspiring!

7harts01 said...

Smart boy! I love that God uses are children to challenge us! Faith like a child, right?!

Stephanie said...

Sometimes kids are the best teachers!