Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Mighty Hunters

In the past week or so we've had some interesting 'hunts' take place. While out with Daddy target shooting, Zachery shot his first rabbit - his first anything! He definitely had a proud moment and brought the trophy home to show off. He also skinned it and saved the feet!

Take a close look at Zach's face - you don't often see a smile that big with that much sparkle=)

And the most recent one is the first of probably many to come this summer. Matthew caught a snake. Thank the Lord that somehow or other Matthew is usually home when we come across one because I have no desire to deal with them! Anyway, we usually catch a dozen or so each year and this is the first one - also, it's a different kind than the usual garter snakes we have. It is 'harmless and docile' but, thankfully, dead just the same! I hate each and every kind no matter how 'docile' they are, I'm just wondering how long before we find our first rattler....you'll know when we do because you'll probably hear me!

It was long!

Can you spot it?

1 comments:

7harts01 said...

Ok, gross and gross!!=) The poor little rabbit! Tell Zach that the next time he wants rabbit feet to just tell me and I will buy him what ever color he wants!=)
I hate snakes too! But, Bull snakes keep rattle snakes aways, so I might keep one of those around and just pray that I never have to see it!