Tuesday, May 27, 2008

This is my boy

Boys like the dirt - I know and accept that fact. But when a boy becomes one with the dirt, when a boy is never without dirt, when a boy gravitates to the dirt like ducks to water, when a boy spends more time dirty that clean....it becomes difficult for me. You see I have such a boy - I have three boys, but I have one die-hard fan-of-the-dirt boy. He is quite often told to strip, standing outside on the back deck, down to nothing but his 'skivvies' (as Daddy calls them). If we sat down for a meal of nothing but white rice he would finish dirty. I have lost track of the times I have found him in a mess. Yesterday was at the top of the dirty list, first I found him making mud and painting himself with it. I stopped him at his elbows. Then, and this one I caught on film, I spied him SITTING almost fully immersed in a mud puddle. Please note, not just standing and splashing as one would expect from a boy child - but sitting and reaching down into the slimy bottom of the mud hole and scooping up as handfuls as big as he could. This is my boy....I love you, Logan, with all of the mother's love I can possibly hold in my heart I love you!

3 comments:

7harts01 said...

That is way too funny! I'm sure one of mine will end up being this way....I'm glad it hasn't happened yet though!=) The pictures are priceless and what else can you do but laugh!=)

Helaine DeMarte said...

What a weird kid! :) But I love him too! Please tell Logan, I said hello, and that although it is 'ok' (sometimes) to wear, or even bathe in dirt, he probably shouldn't eat it! :) Tell him I love him! :)

Anonymous said...

What can I say - I love the "dirt" pictures of Logan - whatever makes a boy happy! Priceless pictures.
Grammie