Sunday, May 11, 2008

You can't tell me otherwise

So I'm posting for the second time today because I have something important to say - my Mom is the best. Before you think I'm wrong let me just say you can't tell me otherwise because I will never be convinced. There is no mother out there like mine though you search high and low, near or far. It is as much a fact to me as if it were written in stone for it is written on my heart, no one knows this better than I do for I am her daughter.
Our life together started out in a somewhat average way - my parents met, fell in love, got married and their bundle of joy, ME, arrived after that. I was probably destined to be a daddy's girl since I was the only daughter, but it would not stay that way since he died when I was seven, just barely old enough to remember him. Shortly before that happened my brother Chad had arrived on the scene. My mom lost another baby boy between he and I - so the journey of our little trio began - Mom, a 29-year-old widow, me and Chad. This amazing woman returned to the mission field of Chile a couple years after that, she and my dad had only spent about a year and half there before having to come back to the US due to my dad's health. For the next 10 years, while I still lived at home, she taught me and trained me in the way I should go. I chose not to do many things, not because of any great personal convictions of my own, but because I knew if my Mom found out it would hurt her and that was the last thing I ever wanted to do. From there I headed off to college and onto adulthood with my Mom standing in my corner no matter what - becoming a best friend without ever stopping being a mom. Now, I'm all grown up with kids of my own, and it seems I need her and turn to her even more. So, today, you can't tell me otherwise - my Mom is the best. Of course, you won't be able to tell me tomorrow either, or the next day....Happy Mother's Day, Mom!
Instead of trying to figure out what picture to put I just found the most recent one - my Mom and Jesse - 'cause she's one of the best grandma's, too=)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Alish,
Ok, I won't have to convince you because I know your mom, and yes she is wonderful...but I must admit I also think my mom is the best mom in the world!...Happy Mother's Day to you!
ang

Stephanie said...

I won't get into the "best mom" debate (: ... but I will say that your mom IS an awesome woman!