Thursday, May 29, 2008

Today is weird day. Right now I'm supposed to be a few hours from Omaha, NE getting ready to spend the night at some friends house as we make our way down to Georgia for 2 weeks. The original plan was for me to head south with the kids to my parents house because Matthew was going to be headed to Uruguay with a team for that time and I didn't really want to be alone....well, he's still gone but we're not so....I'm alone=(
For a number of different reasons we made the decision to just stay here and stick it out until he comes home on June 13th. My parents were very understanding and I've shed my tears so I hoped to be over it...but reality hit today when I realized Matthew was gone and it was going to be a loooong time before he came home to me.
We've done this sort of thing before and since starting Nehemiah Teams International it has become at least a yearly event and probably will grow to be even more often. The mission is small and has two faithful supporters so we can't exactly all tag along with him when he has to go. Please pray for that area, though. We believe this mission is a God-given desire of Matthew's and something that he loves doing - but we want to be able to be more involved as a family. This fall there is a construction need that would be best handled for an extended period of time from the field - to do so we would all need to be able to go. Pray with us that this works out so that we can enjoy being an active part of NTI together and not just letting go of Daddy again=)
I hope to have updates on the team and how things are going but it will depend on what they have down there for communication. The official report as of right now is that Matthew and the 5 other team members are at the airport in Denver preparing for their 3:05 pm departure. Hopefully it will be on time since they only have 38 minutes in Atlanta to make the connection which head to Buenos Aires, Argentina and on to Montevideo, Uruguay.

3 comments:

7harts01 said...

Alisha! What happened?! Well, since you and the kiddos are here we will have to get you all out of the house and do something! I will give you a call and see what we can line up! For starters, since your here, you are invited to Truen's party tomorrow night at 5:30. If you would like to come, and you want to bring something, you can bring a fruit salad or jello or something like that. I think we have everything else pretty much covered, but anyway! I will call you so I don't keep going on here!=)

Stephanie said...

Any chance that long-term opportunity would be in CHILE???

Alisha said...

Yep - it is=)