Sunday, June 29, 2008

I'm in love....

For no particular reason I feel really in love today. I've been in love for over 8 years now with the same wonderful man. As in most marriges there are ups and downs, highs and lows, great times and not so great times - but for me it's been wonderful, every bit of it. We've hit our pot holes along the way but, wow, have we been on some mountains! For no particular reason we both seem to have certain times or days when we just feel like we can't hug tight enough or say "I love you" enough, we even say to each other, "Today I really love you, a lot!" That doesn't mean that we don't love each other sometimes - but just that there are some days it's extra special. Lest you be fooled, I've also said "Right now I love you because I have to, but I don't like you!" ~ yes, I have honestly said that.

So today I was thinking about several marriages - some I look at and smile, some I look at and cringe, and others just make me want to cry....There's my grandparents, both sets of them, married over 50 years(!), there's some friends that make us wonder how they can stand each other, there's the couple facing cancer after 25+ years together, then there's my parents who faced it after only about 7 years together, there's those that gave up and now live with the consequences, there's those that stay together but are miserable because they are not following God's marriage guidelines. I want my marriage to be one that makes people smile, I want it to be an example of what marriage should be - I want my marriage to be the greatest marriage this side of heaven. One day the Lord will take me as His bride, as He will all those who believe on His name. If I can be this in love with a flawed man here on earth then I need to be so much more in love with my Lord, who even now prepares a place for me.

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

You guys make me smile.

lovinthefam said...

Stephanie said what I was going to say! You are a couple that I really enjoy being around...

lovinthefam said...

You two make me smile, too!
Sheri