Monday, October 27, 2008

Bonfire & Beach Time

Ever since we got here I've been looking forward to cooking hot dogs over the open fire...just like we used to one evening of the week during the annual missionary conference. I brought down some marshmallows so on top of that we had s'mores which the kids thought were pretty cool. The Thompson kids didn't remember ever having s'mores before! Liz and I were on our own for meals this weekend since the Chilean cooks take the weekends off and go home....let's just say we managed but it wasn't quite like the meals they pull off! Also, yesterday was a day of general elections here in Chile (not presidential) and no meetings were held anywhere since it's against the law the day before, of, and the day after an election. So we had a mini-church service here together at the camp and then just did some small jobs getting ready to start the framing of the house tomorrow. Here are some pictures from our cook-out. After supper (and after the dishes were done - thank you, Roy!) we decided to go for a short walk on the beach. The kids had fun finding shells and we enjoyed relaxing and just sitting there soaking up the beauty of this area.

2 comments:

Jonathan Johnson said...

Wow, what a beautiful area! How's Alana?

A woman looking for God said...

I am soooo jealouS LOL!!!! LICAN HAS TO be one of my favorite spots in the whole world. I had so much fun there with my friends!!!!! bring me a rock please