Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Mondays

Yesterday was definitely one of those Monday's that earned that day its bad reputation. It seemed like the reality of this trip hit me and I was close to overwhelmed. (Not to mention I woke up a bit on the grumpy side thanks to our dumb cat who officially has no usefulness whatsoever. She was meowing incessantly at 2:30....until I threw her out the back door. Did I mention we've seen/caught 3 mice in our house in the last month?)


Anyway, back to the bad Monday....I did actually accomplish lots of stuff but it seems like with each thing I do I think of another yet to be done=) But the real kicker was realizing that our dishwasher is probably dead. Now I realize we are spoiled Americans and we can just adjust to life washing all the dishes by hand, but the fact that it comes on the heals of a dying furnace was really depressing. Our coffers aren't exactly full with this upcoming trip and the numbers that are being tossed around when there is talk of replacing the furnace are quite daunting!

Oh, yeah, we also killed another black widow last night, this time in the living room!


Daddy, and his helper, trying to fix whatever is wrong....
Well...I'm done whining. And now I have to say that despite everything I have much to be thankful for and the chaos of preparing for the trip will be very worth while when I step off the plane, take a deep breath of smoggy Santiago air, and enjoy some time in el pais de mi corazon.

0 comments: