Monday, September 14, 2009

Saturday

And so on Saturday morning alarm clocks began to ring all over Rhinelander to announce to everyone that the sun was coming up, the wedding day had arrived, and there was much to be done! I was up early to begin getting myself ready so that, as soon as I was able, I could go join the bride and begin my day of matron-of-honor duties....=) The kids clothes were all laid out the night before, Jodie Kunnari had been briefed and was ready to take over the care of the three little rascals while Matthew and I had to be ready and in our places. I arrived at the hotel at 9:30 and watched Helaine finish getting ready (ok, so that's not all I did but it's the only thing I took pictures of=). About an hour later the two of us left to head to the church, via the flower shop, where we picked up Helaine's bouquet and the wrist corsages for the mothers. Once we arrived at the church the girls set up shop in the nursery. We were basically ready except for the final touches so that all those of us in the bridal party could head to the park for pictures.This was about the time that I set my camera down never to take another single picture for the rest of our time in Wisconsin. The day of the wedding it just became impossible to juggle one more thing so I will post the ones that I've gotten from others and have to be satisfied with that until the 'real' ones come. We had as much fun goofing off at the park as we did posing for pictures=)

Once we were done there we went back to the church and finished off the pizza that my parents had ordered for everyone and then just had some time to touch up hair and faces. I also had to make sure that my kids were all dressed and ready to go but Jodie and Jenna had already seen to all that which was a HUGE help to me on that day since I was pretty busy with so many other things going on. Jesse sat with Jodie and actually slept through most of the wedding=)

And finally the time came....We went and lined up at the entryway into the auditorium and the fairytale began.The mom's lighting the family candles....
Ready and waiting!Monica, Alana, and I - along with the bride - walked in to Highlands Cathedral which Jenna played beautifully! Here we are waiting for the bride to come in!But, as excited as we were, we weren't as happy to see her as this guy was!The music throughout Helaine and Phil's wedding was beautiful. From the processional with piano and violin, to the initial solo of "For the Glory of His Name", to the duet sung by Kendrick and Jenna - it was both enjoyable and God-honoring. And before long it was time for the groom to kiss his bride and their life together began!Immediately after the ceremony the family met outside, in front of the church, and took some more pictures.

Mr. and Mrs. Phillip and Helaine DeMarte~Mr. and Mrs. Brian and Diane DeMarte~Some of the Rozelle family....hanging off to the sides are the rest of my kids and more of our family from Maine~
After that was the reception which was an enjoyable, relaxing time to visit around tables of yummy food while the bride and groom mingled and visited with all those who'd come to celebrate their day. And speaking of yummy food, let me just tell you what there was.....two chocolate fountains surrounded by a 'plethora' of dippable items - pretzel sticks, strawberries, pineapple, marsh mellows, chips (yes, you can dip chips in chocolate), brownies, and so on and so on. There were tables of peanut butter balls (300 homemade ones thanks to Mom), cream puffs, mints, meat and cheese platters, crackers, and punch. And off to the side was a surprise table for the groom - my parents got a Minnesota Vikings groom's cake for Phil=)

Then the sparklers were lit and Chad in his white Dodge Charger (sadly just a rental) pulled up and the bride and groom made their get away!
"Helaine and Phil - it was a WONDERFUL day! What a blessing it was for our family to come together and see you two make a commitment to spend the rest of your lives together as husband and wife. May the Lord bless you and keep you, may you grow more in love with your Savior and each other day by day!"

0 comments: