Thursday, September 24, 2009

Tomorrow, Tomorrow, I love ya tomorrow...

So my plan is to curl up on the couch with my teenagers and watch a movie together tonight....that will mean that the last evening 'alone' will be checked off the list and tomorrow I can cuddle with my hubby instead=) The week has gone quite slowly but all in all it has been fine. We are all officially sick with either a cold, cough, sore throat, or a combination. So we've been sleeping in, munching on Vitamin C, plugging in the vaporizer at night, going through lots of tissues, and staying close to home.


On another note I thought I'd share a conversation I had with my 4-year old in the car today, and, as usual, it began out of nowhere....

Alana: Mommy, when was the flood?

Me: Oh it was thousands of years ago now.

Alana: Did we, um, I can't remember, did we get on the ark?

Me: No, it was a really long time ago.

Alana: Well, if we didn't get on the ship how come we aren't drowned?

Me: Because it happened way before you were born, even way before Mommy and Daddy were born. So we didn't have to get on the ark, the flood was already over by the time we were all born.

Alana: Mommy, how did you get borned?

Me: Well, I was born to my parents. (nice avoidance job on my part, huh?)

Alana: What about Daddy? Was he borned from your belly?

Me: No, he's my husband, not my son, he was born to your Grandma and Grandpa.

Alana: But how come....Hey, look, there's a man mowing that tooked his shirt off, that's gross!

And thankfully that was the end of our little chat=)
Thank you Lord for this little girl who has been making me smile for almost five years!

1 comments:

Helaine DeMarte said...

the best! haha :) I am so glad Matthew comes home today!