Sunday, September 20, 2009

A week alone

At 4 a.m. on Saturday morning the alarm clock rang, at 4:18 Matthew and I pulled out of the drive way, and about an hour and a half later Matthew was getting on a plane while I curled up in the truck with my pillow in the Wal-mart parking lot. As I tried to get in a few more minutes of sleep (we went to bed at midnight the night before due to a sick little Logan) he was on his way to New Hampshire for this years Fellowship of Missions conference. FOM is set up for the purpose of being an encouragement and a resource to like-minded Christian agencies. NTI became an official member about 2 years ago and Matthew has tried to attend the annual conferences since then. It is a good opportunity for him and a great time to interact with people who also have a vision for some of the same things. We both went last year when it was held in Ohio and our kids stayed with our friends the Bergs. But this year I just couldn't bring myself to the point of asking them, or anyone else for that matter, to watch 5 extra kids for a week. As much as I enjoyed myself last time and as much as I wish I was there this time - I'd rather be here with the kids than live with the guilt of leaving my children in some one elses care. So away Matthew went on his own.....He'll get home on Friday afternoon and I suppose I will survive until then. After all, absence makes the heart grow fonder, right....?! =)

2 comments:

Helaine DeMarte said...

I just want to know why you were sleeping in the parking lots instead of going home...?

Alisha said...

I had to do some shopping but I couldn't keep my eyes open and decided to nap first=)