Friday, September 11, 2009

Wednesday & Thursday

I need to preface the next few posts with a bit of an explanation. First of all ,I would have updated already had it not been for the fact that my frazzled brain forgot the camera in Wisconsin and, thanks to the DeMarte's, I got it back in the mail today! Another thing I will warn you about is that I have very limited pictures from the actual wedding itself. On the BIG DAY itself I took maybe 5-10 pictures because after that it got way to crazy to have to worry about that, not to mention it's hard to take pictures when you are up on the platform, too! So, I will take you chronologically through the events and, when the REAL wedding pictures make an appearance, I hope to be able to get some and post those as well. It truly was a beautiful day.... but I'm getting ahead of myself!

At 5:08am on Wednesday morning we pulled out of our driveway.....almost exactly 14 hours later we pulled into the driveway of the Rhode family. They are from Helaine's church and VERY GRACIOUSLY opened up their house to all 7 of us and my parents as well. It was SOOO nice to have a place to stay and be able to relax a bit more than 7 people can in one hotel room!

That night we attempted something.....it was to be the 'crowning item' at the reception so we wanted to try it out ahead of time....here's how it went!
And here you have it - the cream puff pyramid - voila`!
As you can see, Helaine was VERY excited=)
And now for the finishing touch! This was just a trial one mind you - the REAL ones were put together by my parents and brothers (yes, you read that right....3 boys) on Saturday morning.
So, we went to bed late that night (which surprisingly happened for the next 4 consecutive nights as well=) but we enjoyed every minute of it!

The next morning our task was to go to the church and get it all decorated, prepare the reception hall, and do as much prep work as we could. Helaine was excited about that too=) The building you see in the background is where the reception was held....
and on the other side of the parking lot was the church.
Helaine left instructions with the guys (hee, hee, hee) on how she wanted the reception area decorated.... and then us girls went over to the church to start decorating over there. Monica began the all-important task of fluffing bows. We had pre-made some bows last month and now it was time to pull them out and put them on the pews.Alana helping Auntie Helaine get the sparklers out and ready!The bridesmaid bouquets all ready to go!
Meanwhile, Matthew and Phil were hard at work coming up with a creative way to hang the white paper lanterns Helaine was using to decorate. They did an awesome job!
We were there for several hours and ate lunch at the church. But just because we were eating didn't mean that all the wedding planning stopped. All my family, my parents, and Helaine and Phil chowed down on 3 Wal-mart party subs that we bought for $2 a piece! Gotta love a bargain=)
This may not be the best of pictures but my parents did a TON of work ahead of time for the reception and deserve the recognition in the form of a photo=) They basically took care of all of it.....planning and buying the food, getting some decorations, and organizing people to take over the serving of the food on the actual wedding day.All that was missing now was the food and the people! I just have to keep saying that this wedding was such an enjoyable event. Of course I didn't expect it to be anything else, but I am always so blessed by time together with my family. Without fail I come away thanking the Lord for how He brought us all together. We truly enjoyed ourselves from the minute we arrived until the minute we left! (OK, so that is a bit of a stretch because I seriously had to adjust my attitude in the early minutes after our arrival....14 hours in a car with 7 people - I was stretched a tad bit thin.)

0 comments: