Thursday, March 20, 2008

A BIG day for Monica

Today Monica put an official end to her freshmen year of high school - ninth grade is over! Last year she decided she'd like to compact her 4 years of high school into 3 and since we home school I was able to lesson plan it and she put it into action. So, this weekend is spring break and when she starts back to school on Tuesday it will be as a sophomore! Monica is the teenager every parent dreams of having. Now, lest she read this and get a big head, she isn't perfect but Matthew and I are so pleased with her attitude, her choices, and her love for the Lord that she's just about as good as they come. I always wanted my daughter to become my friend just as I am with my Mom and it is neat to see that happening. Daddy and I love you!
PS - She got an A on all her finals!

3 comments:

Matthew Lim said...

Great work Monica! Congratulations. Just FYI, you are a blessing to your Pastor, his wife, and to the church family at Calvary. We thank the Lord for His faithful (and visible) work in your life.

Helaine DeMarte said...

Congrats Monica, each grade you finish brings you closer to Northland!! WOOOHOOO!!! :)
love you!

Stephanie said...

Very, very precious.