Tuesday, March 11, 2008

For Tricia

I'm quite addicted to a blog about people I've never met going through something I can't imagine. It's a young couple who have a tiny premature daughter and the mom is on the lung transplant list due to her cystic fibrosis. That's the very brief version of their story. I've mentioned them before but I thought I would again as part of a challenge. Tricia, the mom, is unable to interact with her daughter much at all, she was around 2 months old before her mom could even hold her. So I'm making a list, as are many other moms, about what I can't wait for Tricia to experience with her little girl once their lives get back to normal. If you are interested check out the husbands blog at http://cfhusband.blogspot.com/. For now here is my list - it's just off the top of my head because if I had to list all of the things I love and have experienced as a mom of five I'd be here all day!

I can't wait for Tricia to experience...

~watching your fussy baby finally settle down to sleep on Daddy's chest

~having your little one crawl into your lap and say "I just need you, Mommy"

~going into a public bathroom and having your 2 year-old loudly ask if you're done going potty yet

~not being one bit jealous when they choose Daddy instead of you

~having your little girl ask you what that is when you change baby brother's diaper

~staring for a really long time at your baby's sleeping face

~finding your toddler brushing his teeth with toilet water (I'm not joking!)

~changing a really bad diaper in an airplane bathroom

~coming home after a half-hour trip to the grocery store to shouts of "Mommy" so loud the neighbors can hear it

~hearing 'Jesus loves me' baby-style

~how much fun it is to say he takes after his father when he does something naughty
Nathan and Tricia - Hope you guys enjoyed reading this. Know that you are thought of and prayed for as you walk God's path for your lives.

2 comments:

CFHusband said...

Thank you!

Anonymous said...

Have just spent the last 20 minutes sobbing. What an amazing story. I'm gonna share it with my friends, esp the ones who need to know Jesus. SR xxx