Tuesday, March 25, 2008

My Morning Walk

Most week days I drag myself out of bed and head out for a walk. Very often I'm easily persuaded not to and last week I almost had one of those mornings. When the kids were on break from school there was no need for me to get up early since they were sleeping in. But I had an incentive! The day before on my walk I had come accross a field of horses! More anxious to see George than me, they all came trotting over to the fence. We hung out and chatted for a bit then I headed home. So the next morning I woke up, grabbed my camera and some carrots and was out the door. I have a soft spot for horses so it was so neat to be able to enjoy this even if they didn't like the carrots.
Most of the horses gave the carrots a quick sniff and turned away, others took it in their mouth and then spit it out - only one ate it.This guy liked the camera, I think.Not to sure if they liked George, though.Now if only I had something like this to look forward to on all my morning walks.....

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

I love that picture of the horses looking down at George!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous horses, & George is so cute!...lol, ang

7harts01 said...

Oh the power of something to look forward too! It makes you do things even when you are sure you don't it in you to do! Great pix! I love horses!