Wednesday, October 21, 2009

FALL!!!

I love fall! I love the cooler weather, I love the leaves on the ground, I love the pumpkins and all recipes made with pumpkin, I love breathing in the crisp air, I love sweatshirts, I love long walks with my bundled up kids, I love not climbing into a stifling hot vehicle, I love hugging my hubby to keep warm..... I love fall!!

This week is Missions Conference at Cornerstone Bible Institute and, just like the past 5 years, I've given the kids the week off from school. Monica and Zach head in at 7:30 am and attend the 3 morning sessions while I stay home with the more rambunctious ones and attend just the one evening service. Matthew is at work so I have all morning here with just these three crazy kids.And while the South Dakota fall is far less vibrant that the New England fall it is still fun to enjoy. So out we went to rake some leaves and just bask in the glory of fall....ok, so that sounds a bit melodramatic, but we did have fun=)
The kids and I raked a small section of the yard, so you know what comes next, right?
JUMPING IN THE LEAVES! Fun, fun, fun!
Then of course, Mommy had to stop the fun and take some pictures=)
Even Boomer got his picture taken, although he didn't stay still and pose nearly as nicely.
Is that an adorable face or what?!?!?
The girls ~
And the boys ~
Did I mention I love the fall?

2 comments:

Helaine DeMarte said...

GREAT post!! I love fall too!!! Although we seemed to jump straight to winter here... snowing again today.

Nicholas said...

Wow! When did you get that dog? Is it a Saint Bernard? PRetty big. :) We went into Fall with about a week of snow... it has warmed up here though so it is actually like a normal Fall. :)

Nick