Thursday, July 17, 2008

Swimmng at Coldbrook

Last Thursday we, along with several other home school families, went to Coldbrook - a small lake not to far from here for some fun in the water. I planned on writing about it as soon as I got home because it was just so much fun for the kids and me - but once I got home and had to deal with every one's damp clothing and sand in places that sand should never be, I got distracted and forgot. But it really was an enjoyable day - I did a little visiting but it seemed like most of the time I was in the water with the kids, anyone that knows me knows that was fine with me - I love the water! So, as the other grown-ups clustered their chairs under the tree in the shade I splashed around and took turns swimming out into the deep water with one of the kids or watching them play up on the beach. Thanks to Monica I was able to enjoy swimming by myself for a bit as well=) The older kids were able to hang out with some of their friends as well as meet some new ones. The younger kids just wandered between the water and the sand...oh, and the snacks, too! Plus, we just found out it will be a weekly event...Coldbrook here we come!

0 comments: