Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Pray for Melissa

Today I was going to write about the final day of VBS that took place last week but I felt something more important had come up instead. Let me tell you about Melissa Jarvis....
Melissa is, among other things, a good friend of mine who I've come to know through Cornerstone over the last few years. We've shared numerous memories from painting our basement shortly after we moved in here, to going on a missions trip to Chile together last fall. She's just about as nice as they come=)

Here she is with a team from CBI, headed to Chile in June 2005. (wearing a striped tank top)
After having been on two trips to Chile the Lord has placed that country and it's people and language on her heart. Since returning last fall she's been pursuing another trip back to Chile, this time to work for a year at the MK school where I went growing up, Santiago Christian Academy. To make a long story short she started raising funds a little while ago and is still lacking enough to go. The school itself has a great need for teachers like this to come down - as of this week alone two other teachers got done and so the need is even greater. So, pray with me for Melissa! She needs to buy tickets by this next Monday, July 14th at the latest to be able to head down at the end of this month! On that day, depending on her finances, she will either buy the tickets or call SCA and let them know she's not able to come.....

And on the second trip, with our NTI team, in November of 2007. (wearing a yellow hat)

2 comments:

David and Kristi Flinck said...

Have you ever figured out why some pictures you post can be clicked on and why some cannot be seen larger?

Grrrrrrrrrrrr.

Alisha said...

Honestly, I don't know - but I've discovered that the pictures I post in a medium or large size I usually can't - but those that I post in a small size I can....SORRY!!!