Monday, July 14, 2008

Mulberry Madness

Last Friday night we were once again invited over to the Couch's for a treat ~ this time it was for some homemade mulberry ice cream....YUMMM! Monica had gone over earlier in the afternoon to help them with some ranch work and then the rest of our family went over in the early evening to enjoy the tasty treat. Mrs. Couch had picked and cleaned the mulberries ahead of time but the kids still did plenty of picking and eating right from the tree. (As a side note, Monica was not able to do much work - shortly after she got there and was saddling her usual horse he got annoyed with some flies and stepped to the side...right up against Monica and on to her foot. She got knocked back onto the ground while her foot was still under his hoof! Thankfully nothing was broken, however she was left with a pretty sore foot and a nice big bruise - God's protection again.)

Mulberry Munching Madness:
Just some favorite pics of mine:Monica showed up with the Couch's after the feeding frenzy and we started making the ice cream.
Did I mention Logan found some bugs.....surprise, surprise!


3 comments:

Nicholas said...

I find it funny that you were picking mulberries on Friday while some friends and I were rafting on a creek called Mulberry Creek on Sat.!

Nick

Anonymous said...

I wish my couch made ice cream.

Helaine DeMarte said...

Alisha,
I made the 3-picture my background. The one with Jesse making that crazy face! :) SOo cute. And it was hard for me to decide which one to pick! They are all too cute!

Love you, and I hope we can talk soon - I will try to call sometime.

me.