Tuesday, July 22, 2008

A recent addition

We had a new, rather large addition, to our home last Saturday.....A NEW PIANO!!!! The story is that Matthew is working on an old house here in Buffalo Gap, built in the 1880's as a mansion, that is basically falling apart. It was recently bought and the new owner has hired Matthew to do some repairs. There happened to be a piano there and, when asked, the owner said she didn't want it and we could have it - yippee! I've wanted a piano in the house for years, not because I play but I grew up with one and wanted my kids to be able to have the opportunity to learn - now they do. Anyway, it's an older, thus very heavy piano so thanks to Brett, Patrick and Chad for helping us move it and get it in the house. It is an upright grand piano built in 1950 and, although the body itself is pretty worn, the keys look fine and they all play surprisingly in tune. Monica has already learned to play the scales and a few other tunes=)
Wish I could have included sound effects with the next 2 pics=)
Jesse was the first one to play it.Monica dusted it right away.Do you recognize the blue hymnbook, Mom?

3 comments:

Jenny said...

Hey...that is a cool addition!! Can't wait to see it!

Anonymous said...

Yes, I recognize the blue hymnbook. Looks sooooo good -can't wait to see it. So glad you have a piano in your home. I want at least one "expert" from my grandchildren. Mom

Helaine DeMarte said...

And now when the padres visit, you can hear beautiful music all the time!! I look forward as well to seeing who he expert will be! :) Are they going to take lessons?