Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Cat and Mouse Game

A game of cat and mouse was played at our house last night....literally. What I am about to tell you and the picture you are about to see may just get me kicked out of the world of 'blogdom' but I will plead ignorance since I am new to blogging and hope that I am forgiven. But, the truth must come out. Several months ago I once again began my plea, a plea that is as old as my marriage, to get a cat. My husband is not a big fan of cats but I am not a big fan of mice - and we've had several since moving to this house 2 years ago. So, long story short, we got a kitten. And after seven months of being just a plain old cat she graduated to the level of beginning 'mouser'. With the help of my husband she caught her first mouse last night. She wasn't quite able to do it all on her own but we probably couldn't have caught it without her either. I say we, but it was Matthew since I was abiding by the cardinal rule of 'mice and women' - "Always be in a place of higher elevation when in the same room as a mouse". (Let me illustrate: mouse in kitchen, Alisha on counter; mouse in living room, Alisha sitting on back of couch) Well, she was victorious and I was able to sleep soundly thanks to the efforts of Sam and Matthew! My sincere thanks to both!

Sam, or Kitty as she is most often called, with her prize.
PS - A quick congratulations to two friends of mine who have both had their first baby this past week! Congratulations Angie and Liz!

4 comments:

Jonathan Johnson said...

When I come in contact with a mouse, I will totally be in "higher elevation" than the creature. . .:) Great story :)

The Hauchs said...

Hello Chamberlands!
I saw your link on the Johnson's site ~ it's great to catch up with you guys and to see your pictures. Jesse is adorable and I cannot believe how big Alana is!! But I suppose she was about Rebekah's age when we were there last!
We had a mouse too ~ Rachel and I had to catch it as it did get away from our 7 year old cat...he has yet to learn how to catch one!
:o)
The Hauchs

Anonymous said...

I hate mice and I now hate them more - I didn't think it was possible. You sounded like your mother when relating the story, especially the part where your elevation superseded that of the creature.

Anonymous said...

Finally got on, its been three days since your last