Tuesday, January 15, 2008

It's a bit windy!

Between my husband and I we've lived quite a few places all over this country and even all over the globe. Some of those places have been windy, some not - Buffalo Gap, SD definitely tops the list by far as the 'windiest' of all. This morning Matthew and I were out walking and on the way home I had to literally grab onto his arm to keep from being blown forward. Well, just few hours later as I drove into town I saw a truck, laying on its side, on the highway. This is the third time that we know of that this has happened in the past 2 years we've lived here. Buffalo Gap got its name from a gap, or pass, between the hills across from where we live. Back when there were tons of buffalo in this area of the country they would travel here by the thousands to go through the natural pass.

By the time I got back from town the truck had been righted and I only managed a quick picture with my phone. The one that was tipped over is one the right,with a red cab and white trailer.

Who can help but see the spiritual application in this one? When the winds and storms of life come your way who are you holding on to? Do your spiritual roots run deep enough to keep you from toppling over?

2 comments:

David and Kristi Flinck said...

I see that "life happened" and you had your camera. Wink Wink

Anonymous said...

Great pictures and great "writes".