Tuesday, January 22, 2008

It's cold out there!

Today we woke up to wind chills of 30 below but now it's warmed up to a balmy 19 degrees! However, it's winter and it is supposed to be COLD so I'm not complaining. Plus the snow makes everything look so much prettier. For those of you who've never visited, our area of South Dakota is not pretty, nor is our town, nor is our house - again, not complaining, just stating facts. But every once in a while God uses His creation to cover up the 'ugly' and make it into something 'pretty' and that is what the snow has done for us. Other than a few weeks in spring, we are surrounded by brown most of the year, so the change of scenery is quite welcome! So, here are some pictures of what we've been able to enjoy the past few days. I know I keep apologizing for the pictures but one day I'll get a new camera....that's my excuse, anyway!


There's no picture of Zach because I took it from to far away and it was quite dark...or maybe it was because when I was trying to get a shot his father was sticking him head first in a pile of snow as revenge for a face full of the white stuff!

2 comments:

David and Kristi Flinck said...

I got shivers just looking at those pictures...as I sit here in shorts and a t-shirt.

Thanks for the free air-conditioning.

Dad Stuff said...

Nineteen degrees and some good shovellers make a great day.